Notice of Annual General Meeting of
The J B Priestley Society
To be held on Sunday 8th April 2018
at Glyde House, Glydegate, Bradford BD5 0BQ
Directions: Glyde House is about 100 yards from the Media Museum. Parking is available at the rear of the Media Museum and in the multi-storey at The Broadway (£1.50 flat rate on Sundays), Hall Ings (near Cathedral) 10 minutes walk.
Buffet Lunch at 1pm. Price £8.00. Please book with Rod Slater by Tuesday 3rd April at the latest.
1. Apologies for absence.
2. Welcome by the Chairman of the Society, Lee Hanson
3. Minutes of the last Annual General Meeting.
4. Matters arising from the Minutes.
5. To receive reports from the:
General Secretary Rod Slater
Treasurer Andrew Greathead
Membership Secretary Tony Reavill
Information Officer Roger Statham
Vice-Chairman Nicolas Hawkes
6. Election of Officers and Members of Council :
Council Members (maximum of 12 from whom the Chairman and Vice-Chairman are elected by the Council)
Existing Members are Lee Hanson (Chairman), Nicolas Hawkes (Vice-Chairman), Michael Nelson, Ken Smith, Jenny Reavill, Alison Cullingford, Ann Nelson, Lindsay Sutton, John Baxendale, Bill Lawrence, Janice Slater, Lorraine Howarth and Trevor Johnson.
7. Election of Vice-Presidents: The current Vice-Presidents (appointed for life) are Roger Pringle, Barbara Leigh-Hunt, Roy Hattersley. Barry Cryer, Kenneth Cranham and Stuart Maconie.
8. Consideration of improvements to the Society website.
9. Ideas for contributions to the JBP Festival 2019 being organised by Mick Martin.
10. Any other business
…and Dates for your Diary for 2018:
Sunday 1st July: Annual Walk – Saltaire, Bingley.
Sunday 16th September: Annual Luncheon at The Great Victoria Hotel, Bradford. This follows the pattern of last year, assemble at 12.30pm with lunch at 1pm.
Details of these and additional events will be circulated during the year.