Contact Title and Name
|General Queries, Annual Luncheon and Society Events||The Honorary Secretary, Rod Slateremail@example.com|
|Membership||The Membership Secretary, Tony Reavillfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Payments||The Honorary Treasurer, Andrew Greatheademail@example.com|
|Plays, productions, talks, lectures, display and society archive materials||The Information Officer, Michael Nelsonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Academic and The Society Annual Journal||Dr John Baxendaleemail@example.com|
If you have a query relating to the J.B. Priestley Archive, please contact the Special Collections staff at the University of Bradford, who will be happy to help you. They are also happy to help with academic queries.
Joining the Society
You may now join the Society as a single member online*. Alternatively you may download the Application Form or write to the membership secretary. Full details below.
*Please note that family and institutional membership applications must be made via the post using the application form
Members of the Society come from all walks of life, their one common attribute being an interest in J.B. Priestley. Anybody, anywhere in the world, is most welcome to join us.
The benefits of membership are many. All new members receive the following:
- Membership card
- Access to the Members’ Area on the website and open access to digitised versions of many of the back-catalogue of Society publications
- A back issue of the Society’s annual Journal – containing articles about Priestley’s life and work and little known works by Priestley himself
- 3 Postcard images of J.B. Priestley
- A copy of a Society produced CD – usually a celebrity lecture
- An attractive lapel badge
Ongoing benefits of membership are as follows:
- A copy of the Society Journal and four newsletters per year.
- Up to date information about Society events and activities.
- Invitation to celebrity lectures, talks, seminars, walks, social evenings, other events and the Annual Priestley Society Dinner.
- Up to date information and access to other J.B. Priestley events not organised by the Society, e.g. new productions of plays and book launches.
- Close links with Special Collections at the University of Bradford, home to the J.B. Priestley Archive that houses virtually all Priestley’s plays, novels, critical and philosophical works, plus theatre programmes, letters, memorabilia, photographs, scripts, press cuttings and much more.
- Access to consult The J.B. Priestley Collection at Senate House Library in the University of London. This was formed in 2005 at the instigation of Tom Priestley, J.B.’s son, and of the Priestley Society. The collection contains first and other distinctive editions of Priestley works.
- Up to date information regarding Society publications and new editions of Priestley’s own works.
- Invitation to organised theatre trips.
Annual Subscription Rates are as follows:
£15 Single membership (UK) £18 Single Overseas Membership
£20 Family membership
£10 Concessionary membership (Students, Pensioners, Unemployed and those in receipt of DSS benefit)
To join the Society you have two options:
- Application by Post. Print out, complete and post our application form and send with the correct remittance to our membership secretary. (For our application form click on the link at the bottom of this page) and send it to us with your remittance.
- Join online today by filling out the form below and then clicking submit. This will take you to an online payment portal where you can pay by either using Paypal or by visa. (please note this option is only for UK single membership)
Applications By Post
Cheques to be made payable to the J.B.Priestley Society and forwarded to the Membership Secretary: Tony Reavill, Eldwick Crag Farm, High Eldwick, Bingley, W Yorks., BD16 3BB
Membership renewals are due by the January 1st each year. A Standing order may be taken out.
If you join online renewals will be 12 months from the date you joined. You will be notified of this by email.
If you have a query about membership please email the membership secretary Tony Reavill at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Renewal subscriptions should be sent to:
The Treasurer Andrew Greathead 81 Southam Road, Hall Green, Birmingham B28 0AA
To download our Membership Application Form click the link below: